Here are the answers!
Can you identify all the allusions to other artists in the painting? You can also view a larger version by clicking on the picture.
- The tent is Tracey Emin’s Everyone I Have Ever Slept With 1963–1995
- The puppy is one of Yoshitomo Nara’s sculptures
- The spider is one of Louise Bourgeois’s Maman sculptures
- The walking figure is one of Julian Opie’s statuettes of people walking
- The two men: Gilbert Proesch and George Pasmore’s performance art entitled Singing Sculptures (This one was found by Carol Wu. Thanks! I never would have been able to find that reference.)
- The painting being held is basically Piet Mondrian’s Composition with Red, Blue and Yellow
- The framed painting is Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night
- The bronze animal sculpture is Alberto Giacometti’s Dog
- The urinal is Marcel Duchamp’s Fountain
- The stainless steel curved sculpture is Cloud Gate, Anish Kapoor’s huge sculpture in Chicago
- The balloon rabbit is Jeff Koon’s..er…Balloon Rabbit
- The box is Andy Warhol’s Brillo Box
- The lady in a spotted dress is Yayoi Kusama, who is best known for her spotted pumpkin art work
- Any more?
The woman in white is one of the artists. Let me know if I got any wrong or if I missed any. I have the impression that many of the versions here are all slightly different than the original works.
Return to Artjouer’s Gallery of Artists